Join 420 independent bookstores in 48 states for a celebration of brick-and-mortar indies and exclusive day-of merchandise.
In addition to the special IBD items for sale, we’ll be giving away free gifts all day (stickers, posters, gift certificates).
The IBD items will only be available for in-store purchase at participating independent bookstores. No pre-orders accepted. Each bookstore will have a limited number of each item, and they will be sold on first come first served basis until quantities run out.
Among the exclusive limited edition IBD items available for purchase at Spellbound on Saturday, April 30th:
* A special signed & numbered edition of Raymie Nightingale, the new novel by two-time Newbery Award winner Kate DiCamillo. Includes a special note from Kate. $16.99
* Neil Gaiman Coloring Book featuring colorable illustrations by Chris Riddell from Neil Gaiman’s Coraline; The Graveyard Book, and Fortunately, the Milk. $14.99
* A collectable Curious George® plush doll sporting a t-shirt that reads READ TO ME on the front and the IBD logo on the back. $15.00
* Draw Me! includes step-by-step instructions on how to draw characters like Mo Willem’s Pigeon, Curious George, Fly Guy, and many more. $16.99
* X is For… Vinyl Record. This vinyl record companion to the New York Times bestselling Rad American Women A-Z features Angela Davis, Rebecca Solnit and is great for kids of all ages. $10.99
* Limited edition Duck & Goose print drawn especially for Bookstore Day by Tad Hills, the bestselling creator of the Duck & Goose books. All giclée prints are signed and numbered. $12.99
About Independent Bookstore Day
Independent Bookstore Day (IBD) is produced in partnership with the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association. Pete Mulvihill, co-owner of Green Apple Books in San Francisco, spearheaded the launch of the event in 2014 after noting the success of Record Store Day.www.indiebookstoreday.com